PSDC is now accepting applications for the 2008-2009 school year. The application deadline is June 1, 2008. Mid-year enrollment is possible, depending on space availability.
- We encourage parents to attend one of our Open Houses or to tour the school either before or during the application process.
To schedule a visit our Admissions team, at (202)722-5080 or email email@example.com.
- After the application and supporting materials have been received, they are reviewed by the Admissions Committee to determine whether PSDC's program is appropriate to support the educational needs of the applicant.
- If the Admissions Committee feels that PSDC may be an appropriate match for the educational needs of the applicant, a visit will be scheduled. Depending on the age of the child, visits range from one to three days. Applicants for the Lower School typically have a half day or one full day visit.
- After the visit, the admissions committee meets, reviews the application, gathers teacher’s, counselor’s and program director’s observations, and makes a decision on acceptance of the student.
Occasionally, it is necessary to gather more information or to invite the student back for an additional visit before a conclusion of admission can be reached.
Application Checklist (the documents KDS requires in the application packet):
- PSDC's application form, including application fee ($50 non-refundable).
- A photo of the applicant.
- Copies of the most recent test reports from professionals, including a psycho-educational assessment that has been completed in the last two years.
- Recent evaluations and reports of occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, or other related services (e.g., physical therapy) if applicable.
- Teacher recommendation forms, transcripts and report.
The application process for infants, preschool, grades K-8th is from the 1st bussiness day in December to the last bussiness day in February. The School will inform all applicants by mail of the decision not later than March 30th. Students whose ages by December 31st as follows are eligible for the following age specific programs:
3mos-2 1/2 years Infant Center
3 1/2 years-5 years K-1 Preschool
5 years -14 years K-8th Grade
***Year Round Application**